3 INITIAL TRAILS WILL UNITE 5 COMMUNITIES
The tourist destination Caminos de Osa will offer three new trails along the Golfo Dulce Forest Reserve. Through them, the project aims to reduce pressure on the Corcovado National Park while increasing visits to the rural tourism businesses in the communities along the trails.
- The quality of life of the Osa communities is improved through an increase in rural tourism.
- The income from local tourism is more equitably distributed.
- More green employment opportunities are created in the communities, which will reduce hunting, deforestation, and harmful gold mining.
- The people of Osa can show visitors their cultural and historic treasures, in addition to the local natural attractions.
- The communities can coexist with nature in the most sustainable way.